Membership & Dues
The Yankee Clipper Contest Club is a special purpose amateur radio club devoted to the pursuit of operating and technical excellence. Our goals are simple:
- To promote the fun, satisfaction and competitive thrill of radio contesting
- To assist our members in the development of their operating and technical skills
- To win the club competition of the major amateur radio contests
We would love to have you join us!
You must attend a meeting to join the club. Club meetings are held the first weekend of even-numbered months. Local meetings and 'Contest Universities' are also held around the club territory as organized by the club's Area Managers.
Dues are payable on a calendar year basis. The YCCC has a multi-tiered membership format. Please note that payment of dues IS NOT a prerequisite for contributing scores to the Club aggregate. Full membership IS required for delivery of the YCCC Scuttlebutt (in either paper or electronic form), participation in the Club’s e-mail reflector, and participation in the Club’s various awards programs.
DO NOT send funds unless you are already a member!!!
Members are asked to refer to the Members Only section of this website.
- Full Member
- $30 - Eligible for YCCC awards programs and paper delivery of Club newsletter
- $15 - Eligible for YCCC awards programs and electronic "eButt" delivery of Club newsletter
- Family Member
- $0 - Grants full membership to all amateurs residing at one domicile on payment of one member's "Full Member" annual dues and entitlement to one Club Newsletter sent to one domicile or email address. All members of said family are eligible for YCCC awards programs.
- Student Member
- $10 - Grants full membership to students at a reduced level. Eligible for YCCC awards programs and paper or electronic delivery of the Club Newsletter.
- $** A “friend of YCCC”, not a full member, but a possible candidate for future membership. Fee is $10 for electronic “Ebutt” delivery, or $25 for domestic paper delivery.
A former full member who has moved out of the Club area may continue to participate in the Club’s e-mail reflector and receive the electronic newsletter at no cost.
You can tell if you owe dues by checking your ‘Butt mailing label or the Club roster in the Members Only section.